Home Recommended Products Contact Us
Resources & Links
Fatherlessness Statistics
Child Support
Legal Resources
Search This Site
Bad Judges List
Free Templates
Restraining Orders
Judicial Abuse Stories
Father's Stories
Legal Help & Referrals
Constitutional Rights
Table of Contents
Terms & Conditions
Signup for Newsletter
Search Site
File As Indigent

If you can not afford court fees and expenses for appeals and other matters you should file as indigent and the state is required to waive these fees. See thread below and also "Legal Resources" link above.


----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:02 PM
Subject: DSS Tyranny

I just left the Superior Courthouse in Fall River, MA and am mad as hell because I cannot afford to file a complaint to appeal DSS's decision that I abused & neglected my daughter. They have no evidence except her mother's word which is a lie. But alas, I will not be able to pay the $275 plus $40 to serve DSS with the complaint within the 30 day time period. Is there any way to fight this, it seems so unfair what is going on. My tax dollars fund DSS who falsely accuse me, then I cannot pay for my defense?????? The letter that DSS sent me has names at the top (Mitt Romney, Kerry Healy, Ronald Preston, Lewis H. Spence) so I am going to go down the list and write them all but I doubt that it will do me any good.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."    
                      -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes: The Sign of Four)
    If you can not afford it,   Just file a form for Indigency with your complaint. There is some dollar amount above which you can not earn and it should be listed in the registers office. Find out the Dollars BEFORE you fill out the form; otherwise you waste your time.  Then your complaint is free.  The Court will also have it served by the Sheriff Department for FREE for you.
I have filed dozens of complaints successfully using this approach. 
You should also file an appeal form.  I don't know much on this DSS process,  but at least get an appeal listed in the records. Otherwise it looks like you agreed with it.   I have gotten screwed  before by not filing an appeal on the original charge; however that was a M209A restraining order.  
Perhaps Peter P has knowledge he can share to help you. He has been fighting the system  concerning his girls.
Bill From VA


Please consult these rules:
You can find domestic relations information in there that may be applicable in your case.
Here are the appellate rules specifically.
You will need to conform to the filing procedures listed. Also, a Motion for Suspension of Fees Due to Indigency or other equivalent needs to be filed along with an Affidavit I believe.